Sunday, December 11, 2005

DARK

It’s dark in here
And I can’t breath.
I gasp for air
And try to make out what hides
in the fuzzy blackness that surrounds me.
My thoughts are loud
Pounding in my head.
The noise is deafening
And I can’t seem to make out a single word that is said.
I flinch
At the intensity of pain.
Physically, emotionally
And I’m tired of this carefree attitude I feign.
The ground is cold
But soothes my tear stained cheek.
Curl up tighter
Try to find a little of the comfort that I seek.
I feel alone
Who could understand?
They try
But it’s out of their hands.
Don’t let go
Don’t stop believing.
I desperately reach out
Trying to break through all the grieving.
Toss and turn
Lay deathly still.
I just can’t seem to sleep
And there seems no way to heal.
Don’t cry
No more tears.
They don’t help the pain
They just intensify the fears.


by: me

No comments: