Monday, March 21, 2011

go tell it

here within the safety of this place
i don't have to train to run the race
my heart stays here protected by this wall
of noise that helps drown out the greater call

my clapping hands show joy for lost now found
smooth hands that let the others work the ground
hands that hide a face that's still afraid
to tell a stranger that their debts been paid

relationships feel safer when skin-deep
close enough to touch but not to keep
while the Lord is mine and surely I am thine
life's mortal love may end before its time

but somewhere past my story and my pain
lies a world that's looking to lose its life to gain
a Savior and a Father and Friend
a God on which they can always depend

let me see outside the sphere of me
help me, Lord, to set the captives free



-me

No comments: